This page has been created to collect funds to help our Sherwin Williams family in Puerto Rico who have been suffering from a multitude of earthquakes that have caused damage in the south area of the island, leaving families homeless and other families evacuated.
For every $100 an employee donates, Sherwin Williams will match 100%.
Please donate via Venmo if possible so no fees are applied:
Otherwise, please donate through PayPal via this button.
Please make sure the attached form is filled out and sent to email@example.com
The below information is the official information from Sherwin Williams Corporate:
EARTHQUAKE ACTIVITY – Puerto Rico 1/11/20
SITREP #5 as of 1400EST // 1900UTC
CRT– Actively Monitoring
Event Developments (Reported by Brent Williams, Director of Real Estate/Stacy Hinners, Director of HR):
• PR sustained a mag-6 earthquake this morning at approximately 0700
• District & Division management have decided to close the stores as of 0900
• X2 stores have sustained minor damage, resulting in cracking & are set to be evaluated Monday morning
Humanitarian & Supply Requests:
• The District reports needing some humanitarian supply items shipped if possible
• Aaron Witkowski and Jim Wagner are working with Division staff to establish a list of items and transportation of the items to the island
• All SW employees are reported safe
• X36 of 39 stores are closed today
• X2 stores are set to be evaluated by a structural engineer, Monday Jan 13th
Local Civil/Federal Resources via FEMA:
• Shelters and feeding stations are available in the impacted area. For a list of shelters and other important information from local officials, visit http://www.manejodeemergencias.pr.govor call the Puerto Rico Emergency Management and Disaster Administration Bureau at 787-724-0124 to find your nearest shelter.
• Aftershocks are a natural process but can be unsettling. If you are feeling anxious or stressed, you can call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 and speak to a crisis counselor
This SITREP will be updated once the required supplies have been determined.
• 34 of 39 stores are open today. Four stores are closed due to cracks in the building and structure.
•702842, 702866, 702861 and 702873 are closed with what appear to be minor damage. They will evaluated by a Structural Engineer tomorrow or as soon as possible.
•The Division will be discussing sending supplies tomorrow via the best transportation channels.
Thank you very much for your contribution
NuevaLife and Sherwin Williams